Lil' Wayne Music Player


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Abandon Kansas: They Are That Good


This is something that you will rarely see from this website or me personally, a rock band endorsement. Abandon Kansas has something that few bands have, the ability to keep me interested both live and on my iPod. I guess their genre is pop/indie/rock, but that doesn't matter. I first discovered the band from Wichita, KS when they played live at Club Retro in Orangevale, CA. I was instantly hooked. The song Make Believe was the first amazing song they played and the single off their new album We're All Going Somewhere dropping Sept. 8th on Gotee Records. Their lead singer Jeremy Spring had a mustache & a mullet and the entire band wore crazy skinny jeans with the music running through their veins. They had a great live set and when they return to Club Retro on Sept. 3 I will be there to see them. The best part was after the show, when I had like a 15 minute conversation with Nick Partick who plays bass. After speaking to all the band members, I got the vibe that they were totally approachable and seemed like you could hang out with them anytime, you know what I'm saying? Anyways, you should definitely go purchase this on iTunes, but this is better than not listening to them at all.

This is an acoustical EP called When The Earth Falls Asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment