Lil' Wayne Music Player


Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lil' Wayne Helps Boost Jay Sean Career

For anyone who wants to hit it big, a easy way to do it is getting the hip hop superstar Lil Wayne on your single and Jay Sean has done exactly that. “My first single to hit the United States is called ‘Down,’ and it features Lil Wayne,” Sean says. Although he’s been an active artist in overseas for six years, he put his 2nd album out in Europe and Asia last year which got him on the charts between people like Ne-Yo and Mariah Carey.

Slim, CEO of Cash Money Records, finally got a glimpse at Sean. “He looked at that and went, ‘Ten million views and this kid is not in America?’ ” Sean said. “For him I think he felt, ‘I want to help this kid, and he needs our engine, that is Cash Money Records, to take him to the next level.’ ”

Later Sean was signed to the label and “I’m in Miami at the Hit Factory; it’s 2 o’clock in the morning; outside, Timbaland has just pulled up next to Scott Storch,” Sean said, describing the setting where he recorded his new album, set for release this summer. “And now Lil Wayne has just walked through the door and gone, ‘Wassap, Jay.’ It was really bizarre.”

So how did Sean get Lil Wayne on his song? Sean said he recorded “Down” in an hour and a half, but his new bosses decided there was something missing. “Slim called me up and was like, ‘Yo, man, there’s something wrong on the second verse that just doesn’t sound right,’ ” Sean recalled. “I was like, ‘Really? What?’ He played the song. All of a sudden I heard Wayne’s Auto-Tune stuff, and I’m like, ‘OK. What’s going on? Right! That’s Lil Wayne on my song right now!’ That day was brilliant.”

No comments:

Post a Comment